My Post Disappeared

Don’t you hate it when that happens? I just spent some time writing and clicked the publish button and got the screen that says, “Do you really want to do this?” Then everything was gone. Blech.

Advertisements
9 comments
  1. Daz said:

They seek it here, they seek it there
    Those bloggers seek it everywhere.
    Is it in heaven, or does it roast?
    That damned elusive missing post?

• fojap said:

When I write longer posts, I put it in a text file and then paste it into WordPress, so it’s saved on my hard drive. This was a really trivial rant about… yogurt.

• Daz said:

trivial rant about… yogurt

And now I really miss not seeing it.

• Daz said:

‘Really miss not seeing it’?

I’m considering learning English at some point…

2. that would be so annoying. I hate it when my comments don’t post. Fortunately for me, I haven’t lost a post

• fojap said:

I’ve had it happen twice before. If it had been a long one, I would have thought to save it. If it’s really long I save it on my local hard drive to be sure.

3. Daz said:

Oh and this is useful for such situations. An addon that remembers what you’ve typed (and/or pasted) into comment forms. Also works for the composition field in the Add new post thingy in WordPress.

(Personally, I compose mine in a word processor and paste it in when done, rather than work directly in the composition page.)

• fojap said:

You’ve mentioned that before, haven’t you. I’ve lost comments. Oh, gosh, I spent a really long time responding to a comment last week and was just about done when the Windows update thing closed my computer on me. That would have been useful then.

• Daz said:

Auto Update is evil, and I refuse to use it. (Habit mostly, from those far off days of 56K dial up connections. You’d be really busy, and Windows would connect to the updatey thing and slow your connection to a crawl.)